Xobni, acquired by Yahoo!, supports around 350,000,000 active users and is deployed on 3,500 servers. Up and Running helped with features spanning the front-end to the back-end, including API management and payment processing.
For one of our clients, Xobni, acquired by Yahoo!, we helped with their system buildout in many ways. What we contributed to has a massive footprint, is fully integrated inside of Yahoo! Mail, supports around 350,000,000 active users, and is deployed worldwide on 3,500+ servers. Here’s more detail about what we did:
- Maintained and expanded the Xobni front-end website, user account management pages, and back-office administrative tools
- Maintained and expanded the API used by the Xobni extensions for license authentication and enterprise settings management
- Designed and built a new system for handling group licensing of the Xobni software
- Worked on implementing a new system for promoting and managing add-ons for the main Xobni application
- Maintained extensions used for integration with social networks
- Extended existing infrastructure code to align with Xobni’s desire for increased logging and security
Finally, here are some recent posts about the product integration:
- Power to the people: Introducing better ways to compose mail and view contacts (with video | PDF)
- Caller ID for Your Inbox: Introducing Contact Cards (with video | PDF)
- Yahoo! Mail Contact Cards Updated with LinkedIn & Twitter (with video | PDF)
- Add Photos, Files, GIFs and Links to Your Emails with One Click (with video | PDF)
About a year into the relationship, we received a very nice and unsolicited email from their VP of Engineering, which communicated, "I'm constantly impressed with the quality of work that you guys put together. Plus I love the attitude the guys have around getting things done and being flexible." For more kind words such as this, please visit our kudos page.