LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORTATION SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
The US logistics and transportation market is worth $1.5 trillion and growing steadily. It is one of the most competitive business sectors globally, and in the digital age this competition is intensifying at a breakneck pace. We at Up and Running have been closely following developments in logistics and transportation and developing custom solutions for its players for over two decades.
We have had the pleasure of working with many industry players over the years, including the likes of Iowa Interstate Railroad and OnePak, and we are acutely aware of the importance of gaining a competitive advantage within this sector.
Market surveys indicate that the future of logistics and transportation lies in increased connectivity and automation, and our experience has taught us such firsthand. This is integral to staying ahead of the competition. In other words, software solutions have turned from a convenience into a necessity, and we are here to provide and tailor them to your specific business needs.
A Comprehensive Portfolio of Logistics and Transportation Solutions
Our experience with logistics and transportation software development has made us confident we can respond to any business need and priority at every stage of the logistics supply chain.
- Freight management software: Globalization and digitalization have made the logistics business very complex, prompting efforts to streamline operations. We are experienced in developing comprehensive and specialized solutions, depending on your needs and business niche—whether you’re active in sea, rail, road, or air freight, or any other segment of the industry. Freight forwarding, invoicing and billing, and a host of other day-to-day operations can be optimized with the right software solution, saving you time and money and minimizing the risk of error.
- Warehouse logistics software: Warehouse management is a fundamental part of any logistics business, and this will continue to be so until 3D printing becomes a mainstream tech, if ever. We are aware of the importance of this stage in the supply chain and can develop the exact solution you need, be it a tailor-made inventory management and merchandise planning solution or a comprehensive suite covering everything from inventory management to customer relationship management (CRM).
- Supply chain optimization: Supply chain optimization is much more than a buzzword, it is a necessity. Automation is a major part of any such solution and integration is another: the logistics and transportation industry operates with huge quantities of data that must be transferred and distributed accurately, and this is best achieved through a combination of automation and system integration. Supply chain optimization software solutions allow for much better planning and execution of everyday tasks, providing you with the necessary competitive edge.
- Trucking software: Trucking operations can benefit immensely from streamlining and automation. Up and Running is a seasoned provider of custom-made dispatch management, load tracking, and billing solutions as well as other needed operations made easier, faster, and more reliable.
- Logistics CRM software: In such a competitive industry, customer satisfaction can make or break a business. That’s why customer relationship management solutions are so important for any logistics company, from truckers and other carriers to the freight brokers that work with them. The CRM solutions we offer will help you optimize your business and boost the effectiveness of your marketing efforts, ultimately increasing client happiness and loyalty.
- Trip planning and toll cost calculation: Choosing the most cost-efficient routes for your vehicles is essential for every trucking business. Up and Running’s developers will tailor a route planning solution and a toll cost calculator that best suits your business model and strategy, ensuring optimization of the whole trip planning process.
- Fleet management: Managing a fleet of vehicles is a complex task involving huge amounts of data that have to be tracked and processed accurately. Fuel cost monitoring, vehicle tracking and replacement cost monitoring, and verifying that a vehicle has reached its destination in a timely manner are just a few of the things our software will help you do in a more reliable, streamlined, and easy way.
- Logistics mobile apps: With more and more people working on the go, mobile apps have become indispensable. The apps we develop will provide you with access to all other software services we provide, helping you to run your logistics or transportation business that much more efficiently and with less hassle. Driver navigation, vehicle tracking, warehouse management, billing, trip planning, and freight management are just a few examples of our software services.
- ERP integration: Enterprise resource planning (ERP) products developed by companies such as SAP and Oracle are deployed by all large businesses. The integration of these solutions with other software greatly helps a logistics business improve the organization of its operations, reduce costs, and streamline the workload. We are here to do this integration for you.
- Custom logistics software development: Up and Running made a name for itself as one of the leaders in custom software solutions, and our clients from the logistics and transportation industry are among the ones we have to thank for it. We are fully equipped with the talent and expertise to develop a unique system or application for your business. Just let us know what you need.
Selected Logistics and Transportation Solutions
OnePak is a software development company that provides a cloud-based aggregation and integration solution for managing used equipment tracking, return, inspection, and resale. The company needed help to extend its solution, and Up and Running provided it.
We developed an application that can handle a variety of users of the OnePak solution, including lessors of used equipment, lessees, resale distributors, and the management teams of OnePak’s clients. These clients include some of the largest global computer, heavy equipment, and medical equipment suppliers.
Our relationship with OnePak is extensive. The application we developed for them continued evolving to expand into new sales verticals with new kinds of workflows, adding new functionalities we are excited to develop. Read More
Manufacturing and Supply Chain Company
One of our biggest clients, a manufacturer of electrical and mechanical devices, needed an Internet of things (IoT) solution for a massive number of connected devices scattered throughout the world.
We created a fully integrated platform that enables remote monitoring of devices, controlling, and alert messaging, which has allowed our client’s customers to access their devices through any other connected device regardless of their or the device’s location.
The platform is flexible and could be used for any business that uses the supply chain management services of our client, regardless of industry. Ultimately, it is capable of servicing millions of connected devices.
Iowa Interstate Railroad
The Iowa Interstate Railroad (IAIS) operates trains running between Omaha, Nebraska, and Chicago, Illinois. As a regional train operator, the IAIS is subject to regulations from the Federal Railroad Authority regarding Hours of Service for train crews, and it has to report to the authority on a regular basis, ensuring compliance.
We developed a custom solution for the company, called eHOS, which automates most of the workflow and all of IAIS reporting to the federal authority.
With eHOS, crew members can enter details about their shifts from any device or kiosk at stations and terminals, and that’s just the start. The platform can be used to enter daily assignments, tie-up times at the end of every shift, and the manager’s approval of the tie-ins and the crews’ timecards.
At the same time, the system alerts managers and crew members about upcoming time limits and rest times, ensuring that the IAIS is compliant with FRA regulations. As such, eHOS is compliant with the FRA’s requirements for electronic record keeping.